We’re back

We went to the trailer and put away most of the stuff for the winter. All we had left to do was pick up a rental car, winterize ours and pull the slides in on the trailer. Packing and organizing what can and can’t go with us was a bit of a challenge but we got it all done.

We had to be up at 2:30 am to take our bedding back to the trailer and make our way to the airport for our 6 am flight. It was cold, 2 C. The rental car had to be filled with gas in Courtney but our usual station was closed. Oh, panic! Fortunately, there was another one across the street so I did a slightly illegal maneuver (it was 3:30 am with nobody about.) and we got our gas.

At check-in, they told us that we had to check our carry-ons. We were a bit miffed but went along anyway. After passing security and made our flight to Calgary with no problems. Boarding was just starting as we got to our departure gate for P.V. so it’s lucky we didn’t stop at Timmie’s along the way.

Our flight out was delayed 45 minutes as one of the passengers was ill and had to get off. To make things a bit worse, they had to de-ice the plane before we left.

Although many flights are getting cancelled we noticed that 20 minutes before we left another West Jet flight was also going to P.V. and both were packed.

I found that both our flights were very cold but when they announced that we were landing in 15 minutes, I unzipped the legs of my pants, took off my overshirt stowed my jacket and I was ready. It was after all 33 C outside.

After all the rumours we heard about trouble getting back into Mexico with our expired Temporal Visa we approached the counter with a bit of trepidation. We needn’t have worried, the only thing we did wrong was to forget to fill our re-entry forms in. They stamped our passports and away we went. For some reason, Mexicans seem to delight in stamping stuff.

Next, getting our checked luggage. We found the correct carousel and one bag arrived pretty quickly. I waited and waited for the next one but…nothing! Then the carousel stopped! There was a lot of luggage on the floor but we were being told it was for a flight from San Francisco. I finally found our bag at the back of this pile of stuff. After this disorganization, I knew we were home.

After the flight delay, immigration delay and missing luggage we were a bit later than expected meeting Eddie our driver. He told us that he too was getting a little concerned. However, we made it back to Pinal Villa just after dark. We did drive through a little bit of rain on the way but nothing serious.

The trip from P.V. takes 4 hours. So for Eddie it was a full days work and it only cost us $200 Canadian. He had to go back the next day to get someone else. He does it a lot so makes a good living at it.

Peggy and Don met us at the house with some supplies for the evening and we had a pleasant glass of wine with them before settling in for the night. It was a bit sticky inside as the place had been closed up and it took a long time to cool it down. As we had been up since 2:30 we didn’t have too much trouble sleeping.

We woke up this morning to another beautiful day and I was immediately chased by a mosquito.

We’re Back!

2 thoughts on “We’re back”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.